- McElvaine Investment Management has revamped its website. Tim McElvaine is a top-notch value manager based in Canada, and he used to be with Peter Cundill. McElvaine has virtually of his net worth in his fund, though it's worth noting the single largest investor in the fund is Cundill is himself.
- XETA Technologies (XETA) is one of my recent stock purchases. It's a small company that trades very thinly. As a result, it receives very little press coverage (which I don't mind a ibt). Here's a recent profile of the Oklahoma-based outfit in Tulsa World.
- Another portfolio holding, Capital Southwest (CSWC), has released its annual report for the year ended March 2010. You can download it by going here. I always enjoy President and Chairman Gary Martin's letters. They're not the epic works of you-know-who in Omaha, yet they fit the company and its approach to doing business perfectly.
- Check out Eric King's interview with Jean-Marie Eveillard from last week. Eveillard is one of the very best value fund managers of all time (like Cundill). The interview covers value investing, gold, Austrian economics and Japan.
- I mentioned the other day that John Hathaway of the Tocqueville Gold Fund regularly speaks with Eric King of King World News. If you've never checked out any of these interviews -- or even if you have -- give a listen to the latest sit-down.
As always, I thank you for your readership and your patience. Have a great weekend.